About RoZ

Locked
LinuXY
Site Admin
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:56 am

About RoZ

Post by LinuXY » Sun May 13, 2018 2:54 am

I'm happy to announce Rise of Zek, a classic PVP progression experience*.

Rise of Zek has been under development for the past 6 months, and our goal is to bring the fans of classic Rallos Zek-style ruleset a place they can call Norrath. It's quickly become the best classic experience outside of that other classic experience. With even more attention to classic PVP mechanics.

Rise of Zek is a [95% classic] EQ PVP progression server. The other 5% is weighted towards slight balance changes in gear and resists. There will be GM-run BoTB events. Classic era will last for around 6 months before Kunark is released. Only select zones from Velious will ever be released in the timeline.

Fame, glory and pixels await.

RoZ has world-class coder(s) / operations and a fixed budget for servers, and bandwidth. RoZ is hosted on physical hardware in a datacenter. RoZ is free to play and GMs may never ask players for money or donations. Item creation logs and GM commands are public as anti-corruption measures. As well as a fully featured Character Browser which shows bank/bags/corpses so players may see everything transparently. RoZ is for fans by fans.

Features:
+- 4 level PVP spread
No XP loss on PVP death & spawn w/ 0 mana
1 item loot from inventory players choice (no no-drop / no bags themselves) & coin
[2] box limit.
Maps are disabled in certain classic zones.
Healing/buffing a higher level player will flag you for PVP for 5 minutes
Anti-plug mechanics
Tiered resist system

Changes:
Cazic Thule (zone) is 100% classic. Fear/hate are revamped.
Cazic Thule (god) and Innoruuk (god) are classic but drop 1 piece of revamp loot each.
Eye of Veeshan drops 1 piece of Kunark gear.
Certain 'hot' zones will be FFA. These will change over time.
Soulfire / Scythe is only usable by respective classes.
All instant gate effects have a cast time
Golem Metal Wands and various other instant clickies have a cast time
Roots in PVP have a higher chance of breaking

Rules:
Training is legal but do not petition me to retrieve your corpse.
Non-classic items gained from non-raid targets / quests / tradeskills (and in some cases raid targets) are subject to deletion.
No third party hacking programs, server-side AND client-side detection will be active and bans will be delayed in waves.
IRL threats will be met with bans. No accusations of cheating unless you have solid proof. Submit to petitions section of forum.

How to help:
Visit http://riseofzek.com and signup on the website. Participate in polls and post feedback.
Join Discord https://discord.gg/AP8Q7dm
Report anything that's not classic in the forums.
Shoot promotional videos of PVP / PVE.
Play. Bring your friends.
Release date 6/29/2018. 8PM EST / 5PM PST

updated 6/22/2018
linuxy
boolin
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 am

Re: About RoZ

Post by boolin » Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 am

looking forward to it
Gheed
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:06 pm

Re: About RoZ

Post by Gheed » Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Hey is it open or closed testing? I would be happy to do some testing of things for you.
LinuXY
Site Admin
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:56 am

Re: About RoZ

Post by LinuXY » Thu May 24, 2018 1:22 am

Gheed wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:09 pm
Hey is it open or closed testing? I would be happy to do some testing of things for you.
It's open testing. The server is on the EQEmu serverlist as .[] Rise of Zek - Beta 2
Ardok
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Re: About RoZ

Post by Ardok » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:53 pm

what do you need to play here in terms of clients.
LinuXY
Site Admin
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:56 am

Re: About RoZ

Post by LinuXY » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Ardok wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:53 pm
what do you need to play here in terms of clients.
Stock titanium. If you're using p99 client just switch your dsetup.dll back to the original. Grab my spells files if you want castimes to be accurate. By launch there will likely be new files and details.
Ardok
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Re: About RoZ

Post by Ardok » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks man.
Locked