Want to join but concerned with PVP balance at 60+

No flames, no grandstanding.
Lupana

Want to join but concerned with PVP balance at 60+

Post by Lupana » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:54 am

Hello,
I played back on TZ in the early 2000s, love the PVP aspect of the game. Up to level 60 it seems rather balanced. The concern is once you get to 65 PVP for casters is substantially weaker than hybrids. Bard resist song will easily put all your resist at 500, meaning 99% of enchanter/mage/shaman/cleric and even Wizzy Lures will bounce off. Necros can tap but wont have enough "tap" to kill ya, their dots will not stick. I had a toon on Red99 for almost 2 years and love it until the GMs started giving their friends items and timer information. From what I understand this server is scheduled to go all the way to POP, if it has the numbers to maintain a server population. If that happens we will have 100 rangers running around with true shot and a few SKs followed by their box clerics.

Is there any plans to balance PVP past 60?

On live after 60 its all hybrid with ANON and pell pots.
LinuXY
Site Admin

Re: Want to join but concerned with PVP balance at 60+

Post by LinuXY » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:19 am

Hi, sorry these forums are pretty dead. We all hang out on Discord.

Yes, our goal past Velious is to balance PvP so that most classes are viable and have something to add to PvP within a threshold.
Luckybones

Re: Want to join but concerned with PVP balance at 60+

Post by Luckybones » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:38 am

Most likely wont see pop for 4-6 months probably. The gms have been putting in allot of work and the server has been super fun with tons of pvp. Gms have been working hard to try and tweak things here and there to make it as balanced as they can. Alls i can say is give the server a go, its a blast.